This weekend i found out that my Grandfather who is 81 with a pace maker was sent to the hospital. I was told that he would have to get surgery. He had gall stones that were very infected; a pall op that they thought was cancerous, and an enlarged prostrate. When i heard this i flew out to Portland as quickly as i could. See my grandparents helped raise me as a child and so they are like parents to me. The thought that if something were to happen during surgery and not being able see him terrified me.
Before the surgery i was able to pray with my family and Grandpa and lift up all of our prayers to him. I was nervous in praying because some of my family members are not believers. In my heart i was asking God to give me wisdom and the right words to speak. I was praying that this would be an opportunity to share Christ with them. I am not known for many words. I do know that the Holy Spirit lives inside me and can use me as an instrument in many different ways.
We waited about three hours and found out that he was in recovery and did very well in the surgery. The doctors told us that they didn't find a pall op or any cancer. They took out his gall bladder and all the gall stones. The stones were so infected that it looked like ground beef. It could have killed him. They had to wait to do anything about his prostrate but that his other doctor would be helping him out with that. Thank you God for hearing our prayers and bringing him out of surgery safely.
We all went to his room to see him and he was in a lot of pain. It was hard to see him laying on that hospital bed. As you all know that when people get older they don't want to say that something is wrong or to appear weak. I will say that he is a strong man and he was able to come through that surgery and know exactly who everyone was and who came to visit him.
Thank you father for hearing our prayers and bringing him through that surgery. I pray that he will recover quickly and regain his strength. Thank you for bringing the family together and let this be a way to bring my family to know you and serve you.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I want to thank everyone for praying for my Grandpa and family. It really meant a lot to all of us.
Post a Comment